CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Alive and kicking!

Hello everyone! I wanted to check in bloggy world. My little darlings started last week and I was exhausted!With changing grade levels and classrooms I have been staying at school very late everyday to get prepared and feel prepared. I have such sweet little babies and we had a great 2 first days. 
We learned our routines, expectations, read some great books, started multiplication and cursive. (I am so glad no one is watching me teach cursive...the way I explain things is crazy!)

I am trying to get into the swing of things. Since I have moved from 2nd to 3rd I feel like I am a first year teacher again. Learning the curriculum and the WAY they teach it. I know I will come up with my own way and add my own swagger but for right now I just want to know what my grade level has been doing and what has worked for them.

I am very excited to teach 3rd grade though...everything is fresh and new and exciting!!

I will be making some things to add to my blog soon to share with everyone. I am planning on spending this weekend getting prepared for our first full week with the kids next week. We are diving in with the curriculum.

Hurricane Irene has hit us here in North Carolina and luckily we have kept power (we are some of the few!) and we have no damage. So I have been working on lesson plans all day and searching for FUN creative ideas. We are diving into Place Value, Expanded notation, and Comparing numbers this week. IF you have any creative ideas please share!!

Thanks! See ya later alligators!

1 comments:

Megan

I'm in NC as well - Durham area. Luckily we only had power outages as well...stop lights out all around so I ended up staying in. Good day to get some work done. I graded math and spelling inventories...what a fun Saturday! I can't wait to see what you create because this is what I'm diving into as well.

Blackboard and Beyond

Post a Comment