CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 5, 2011

TESTING, TESTING, TESTING....Ready to move on!

I know I haven't blogged lately but I have been so busy at work. We are currently doing 3D Reading testing on all of our students. This takes SO much time but is great information. We test them individually on their reading level (this takes the LONGEST), fluency, word use, and comprehension. It is a wonderful program but I have to test each student one-on-one and we have a due date that is quickly approaching. Needless to say I haven't been able to get into my teaching groove. Right now it is basically morning work, TESTING, quick lesson, TESTING, Lunch, TESTING, quick lesson, specials, recess, journal writing. I can't WAIT for this testing to be over so I can get to the GOOD stuff!!!!!!!!!!    Not to mention if I hear the same story read one more time I feel like I will bang my head on the table!

I did read a really interesting blog this weekend about using the story The Principal From the Black Lagoon and having the principal come in to be interviewed. She then compared and contrasted the two principals. I think I will tie this in with my lesson on Officer Buckle and our poems about community helpers/ :)I am going to try to fit that in this week between testing. It was a great idea but I can't remember where I saw it at. If you know please leave me a comment so I can give credit. THANKS!

0 comments:

Post a Comment