This week we will be focusing on the phases of the moon. I have so much planned to do with this:
1. Read LOTS of books about the moon
2. The students will take home a calendar and a "moon finder" a sheet of paper with a rectangle cut out of the middle. They will track the phases of the moon this month.
3. Watch Bill Nye the Science Guy video about the moon.
4. A great parent and student brought in a model of the moon that lights up to show the phases of the moon...very cool!
5. Color and put the phases of the moon in order.
Any other ideas out there? I am excited to teach about the moon this week. Last week it was the sun and the earth. I need to find a way to show the students the constellations...they were asking about them. I am sure there is a great website out there somewhere...time to get hunting!
Memorial Day Color For Fun FREEBIE!
20 hours ago